Stuart & Steph Hatton and Ro Asplin bought the farm in January 2017 as a venue from which to offer events, glamping breaks and outdoor educational programs for schools and other youth organisations.
We are a small, family business and love nothing more than to see others enjoying our beautiful farm.
We keep alpacas & chickens and our lake is well stocked with a variety of fish including common, mirror, crusian & koi carp, tench and chub. Note that fishing is not permitted.
We put sustainability and care for the environment at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few highlights.
- All of our glamping units feature eco composting toilets which saves hundreds of thousands of litres of fresh drinking water every year.
- We have installed a 10kW solar generation system on the farmhouse with battery storage which generates more electricity that the business uses.
- We stock predominantly locally made products in our bar and cafe including beer, cider, coffee, ice cream, fruit juice and crisps dramatically reducing our carbon footprint and benefitting the local economy.
- We recycle wherever possible and use a "zero to landfill" commercial waste processing provider.
- We compost food and green waste wherever possible