JOBS AT THE FARM
We are looking for a full time Grounds Manager to join our team for the busy wedding and events season from March through to October working shifts that will include some evenings and weekends. For the right person this could become a permanent position.
Horsley Hale Farm is an Oasis in the Fens. We are an Outdoor Hospitality Venue in near Littleport just ten minutes from the historic cathedral city of Ely and half an hour from Cambridge. We host festival style weddings, corporate parties and glamping holidays in wonderful, natural surroundings.
With six acres of stunning meadow, lake, gardens, woodland and glamping accommodation on site, we offer the perfect rural backdrop for all open-air events.
The farm is a unique and beautiful location, and we can think of no nicer place to be working in the open air.
We have a fantastic reputation for delivering magical experiences and helping to make special memories. Just take a look at our reviews and you will see how seriously we take the happiness of our customers and their guests.
This is a very varied position and you will be required to turn your hand to a wide range of tasks, all of which need to be completed to a very high standard while maintaining an exceptional level of service to our customers and their guests.
You will primarily be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the site, outbuildings and accommodation however will also be expected to get involved in the delivery of events and from time to time take a customer facing front of house role.
During the week you may be building an outdoor kitchen, repairing fences or painting the farmhouse but when we have an event to deliver you may be erecting tents and marquees, setting up event space, greeting guests or working behind the bar.
It would be perfect for someone who wants to spend their summer outdoors in the most stunning surroundings with a friendly and supportive team.
Maintaining the venue you will be required to:
- Keep the site looking it's very best and to a standard expected by our customers.
- Maintain both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Set up and maintain guest accommodation including tents, yurts and lodges
- Undertake landscaping and gardening tasks.
- Undertake building work as necessary including basic plumbing and electrical work.
- Keep site facilities clean and ensure waste is properly separated for recycling.
Helping to deliver weddings, glamping holidays and events you will be required to:
- Set up event spaces including building of bars & staging, rigging lighting etc.
- Assist in the smooth running of large events
- From time to time assist with food and drink service
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are well looked after
You will need to be:
- Practical, pro active and a good problem solver
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Friendly and well mannered with a positive and can do attitude
- An excellent communicator
- At your happiest when outdoors
- Well presented
- Physically fit
- A good time keeper
- Organised and hardworking
- Detail oriented
- Able to think on your feet
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
You will need to have:
- At least some experience working in building or related trades
It would be a bonus if you have:
- A driving licence
- Experience towing a trailer
Pay & benefits
- £26K to £30K salary depending on experience.
- 20 days holiday per year pro rata
- Free use of on site gym
- Free use of on site pool (the lake)
How to apply
Send a covering email explaining why you'd be an asset to our team along with an up to date CV to Steph Hatton at
We look forward to hearing from you!