JOBS AT THE FARM
VENUE & EVENTS ASSISTANT
We are looking for a part-time Venue & Events Assistant to join our team for the busy wedding and events season from now through to the end of September.
Horsley Hale Farm is an Oasis in the Fens. We are an Outdoor Hospitality Venue in near Littleport just ten minutes from the historic cathedral city of Ely and half an hour from Cambridge.
With six acres of stunning meadow, lake, gardens, woodland and glamping accommodation on site, we offer the perfect rural backdrop for all open-air events.
The farm is a unique and beautiful location, and we can think of no nicer place to be working in the open air.
We have a wonderful reputation for delivering magical experiences and helping to make special memories. Just take a look at our reviews and you will see how seriously we take the happiness of our customers and their guests.
This is a very varied position and you will be required to turn your hand to a wide range of tasks, all of which need to be completed to a very high standard while maintaining an exceptional level of service to our customers and their guests.
At times you will be working in a front of house / bar role, while at other times you may be working as a steward / security, cleaning site facilities, working on the grounds or setting up and clearing down events.
This is a temporary, part time role from now until the end of September / October and will involve working most weekends, some evenings and occasional days in the week.
It would be perfect for a hard working student who wants to spend their summer outdoors in the most stunning surroundings with a friendly, supportive and fun team of professionals.
Supporting the successful delivery of weddings, corporate events, parties and glamping breaks you will be required to:
- Welcome guests, ensuring they feel relaxed and are enjoying themselves
- Ensure that guests safely leave the site at the end of an event
- Set up and clear down for a variety of events which will involve moving and assembling equipment including tents, gazebos, lighting, furniture, bar equipment, hay bales, fire bowls, BBQs etc.
- Assist with the maintenance of the grounds as directed by the Site / Deputy Site Managers. This may include mowing grass, weeding, pruning, raking leaves, planting etc.
- Direct traffic and ensure guests park safely.
- Clean, make up and dress tents, yurts and other accommodation
- Assist with food / drink service and be an active member of the front of house team.
- Clean site facilities and ensure that waste is separated for recycling, composting etc.
You will need to be
- Friendly and well mannered with a positive and can do attitude
- An excellent communicator
- At your happiest when outdoors
- Well presented
- Physically fit - the role will involve a lot of walking, lifting and carrying.
- A good time keeper
- Able to work well in a team
- Organised and hardworking
- A natural people person
- Proactive, practical and with a creative approach to problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Able to think on your feet
It would be a bonus if you
- Had a driving licence
- Had experience towing a trailer
Pay & benefits
- £10 per hour
- Free use of on site gym
- Free use of on site pool (the lake)
How to apply
Send a covering email explaining why you'd be an asset to our team along with an up to date CV to Managing Director Stuart Hatton at email@example.com